Sunday, December 24, 2006

Insomnia prevails

I'm sitting at the kitchen writing you again at nearly 2 a.m. It's 2 nights in a row. Well today was another busy day. Had a few more Christmas things to purchase, and there are always more things to buy for baby Aidan. Today it was cube stackers from Target. Dan built it tonight, I'll try to post pics of the nursery soon. It's just about done - except for the dresser which is just going to have to wait a while. In the mean time I bought a cheap little plastic drawer thingy.

The temperature dropped a lot today. Early in the day I was out in flip flops, t-shirt and knit pants. By the end of the night - we made a late-night trip to Walmart in search of some ant spray (who on earth gets ants in their house in the middle of winter?) and I was wearing a hat, sweater and pants. Still had to keep the flip flops on because that's about all my swollen feet can fit into. Another picture you need to see - my grotesque feet Seriously, I never thought it was humanly possible to have feet this fat. Maybe I could be in the Guiness Book of World Records?!

Have I mentioned my back pain is worse? Much worse. Sometimes it's just numb. Sorry to complain so much. I think that's what you're supposed to do this late in the game though, right?

I think Dan is getting into the Christmas spirit a little more. I had to sneak around today to get his presents and I quickly wrapped them before he got home. He came in with a huge smile when he saw the presents under the tree. Then he started shaking them like a little boy. Then he started in with the 20 questions, and he kept wanting me to give him a hint. I did, but he only got more confused. It's so cute to see grown men act like children. He wanted to open a present tonight, but I told him no way. I guess I should get used to this, it's only going to get worse when Aidan gets older.

Have I mentioned he's still not here yet? Aidan that is. Obviously, I probably won't be blogging from my hospital room. Anyway...I'm fully committed to the drugs now, well an epidural. No silly nonsense about trying the whole natural thing. The only thing I worry about is not being able to feel that I need to push. I watch these baby shows and they always show these crazy mothers who say they feel "serene" during the whole thing - natural birth mind you. I think they're nuts. How can all that pain feel serene and glorious? No thanks. Give me some meds stat please. :) Amy where are ya when I need you? (She's an anesthesiologist, is or will be soon...)

Well, probably boring you guys to tears. Going to try to go back to sleep now. Might not be possible, Dan's giving me a run for my money in the snoring department right now.

No comments: