Thursday, May 08, 2008

Together at last

Dan finally got here yesterday at about 3 a.m. An end to a long 15 months - finally! It's so wonderful to have him back. I'm sorry I have no photos to show, but my card reader is broken. I'm going to try to get a new one tomorrow.

Aidan is loving having his Da Da back, too. It didn't take much time for him to warm up to him. It's much easier this time than it was when Dan was home on R+R back in December, and I'm so thankful for that.

And...Today, the little man got his first haircut! Aidan has been sporting a lovely mullet for a while now, but Dan made me promise not to cut his hair until Dan was back. He didn't want to miss it. So I kept my promise. Today, the three of us went to this kids-only salon. It was so cute. There were lots of toys and a movie and bright colors everywhere. But Aidan didn't care. The second he was in the chair, and the lady strapped him in, he lost it. He was crying so, so hard. His face was red, and the tears were streaming down his face. His little arms were wrapped about my neck, and he was gripping my shirt so tightly. And the woman cut his hair with him just like that. She did an amazingly quick and accurate job. I was happy with it, although I felt so bad for Aidan. I don't know if he thought I was leaving him, or he was just scared, but it was NOT a fun experience for us. I took some before and after pics, but none during...

I'm thinking it'll be a while until we attempt another haircut. Luckily, his hair grows pretty slowly. But he did get a little certificate and a sticker for being so brave. And mommy and daddy got a small lock of blonde hair for the baby book that I desperately need to update - someday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this .... have been waiting to hear how the "reunion" went....you must be so happy.
Poor little Aidan...although to have both his mom and dad there must have made it better.
Can't wait to see picture of him and Dan together and the three of you together.
It has been a long 15 months....we are proud of you both ... very proud
H

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Dan!!!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome home Dan! I'm looking forward to the photos of a newly-shorn Aidan, although I disagree - he never had a mullet!
Lots of love
Belinda and Kate
PS: I am so with you on the baby book thing . . .

Anonymous said...

THE MESSAGE I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON!!!!!! SO GLAD YOU ARE ALL TOGETHER AGAIN. WHEN KENNETH HAD HIS FIRST HAIR DUT G. HARTMAN TOOK HIM AND HE TORE HER BLOUSE TO SHREADS. JUST A THI8NG GETTING THEM I GUESSL WAITING FOR PICTURES LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. THE VERY BEST TO ALL OF YOU.
G MA;