Sunday, April 20, 2008

My little Cardinals fan

Before Aidan was born, actually, probably when I was only about 10 weeks pregnant, Dan and I had the big talk. We had a discussion about which sports teams our future child would root for. It was a long, long talk, but we came to an agreement. It was then that we decided Aidan's baseball team would be the Cardinals, his football team would be the Redskins, his hockey team would be the Capitals, and his college sports team would be Mizzou. Dan and I shook on it. Now, he's not allowed to wear apparel from other teams, unless it is agreed upon by both parties. Needless to say, I'm having fun buying all his Cardinals apparel, even when he doesn't like it...Like a hat. I know...Why do I even bother buying him hats since he doesn't even like them. He rips them off his head in .02 seconds. Well, because he just looks so darn cute in them! Don't you agree. And occassionally, if you smile really big and clap really hard, he'll leave one on for about .05 seconds, long enough to get a photo.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking kiddo!!!

Of course, that Cards hat doesn't hurt one bit.

Anonymous said...

he'd look cute in any hat
Heleena

Anonymous said...

what happens when he grows up and decides he likes the yankees, giants, rangers and nicks....what then...we'll buy him the hats
H

Anonymous said...

He's going to adopt the Washington Nationals...I can just sense it...My grandfather saw Walter Johnson, my Dad saw Cecil Travis and Joe Cronin, I saw Mickey Vernon and Roy Seivers and Harmon Killebrew and Frank Howard...I just have a feeling.

Maybe the reason he keeps taking off the Cardinals hat is he wants a Nats hat?

(Yes, I remember the agreement...I'm not trying ton influence him...just speculating!)

John