Sunday, August 06, 2006

The joys of swollen fingers

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a while. I'm much busier with the new job.

Let me tell you what stupid thing I did recently. Well, my fingers have been a bit swollen lately, especially with the hot Texas weather. My rings were getting rather tight about a week ago, so I took them off. Well, I was sad to no longer be wearing them, so two days ago, I put them back on. Yesterday afternoon my finger was getting a tad itchy, so I planned to take them off. Well, they wouldn't come off. Not just a little tight, but looking like they might NEVER come off again. First I tried lotion. Then it was soapy water. Then it was ice for 10 minutes. Then I held my hand in the air so all the blood would flow out of my fingers. Nope, still wouldn't come off. Then I really started to panic. The last thing I want is to have them cut off. So then I look up some info on the internet, where many people posted ideas about using Windex. That still doesn't work. Then I call in the big guns...aka Dan. I hold my hand in the air again while icing it for several minutes. Then we coated it with Windex and he went to work. It took forever and my finger was turning purple. It started to budge and was worked up to my knuckle. I really didn't think the thing was coming off. My finger was getting more and more swollen by the second. So I gritted my teeth and told Dan to just do it quickly. He did and wow did it hurt. Today I am ringless and my fingers are raw, but at least I don't have to cut the rings off.

Words of wisdom for those planning on becoming pregnant in the future, take off your rings early. Don't wait until the last minute when it becomes a major catastrophe.

Well, we find out the sex of Baby Welch this Friday. My in-laws are flying down this Thursday for a short visit, so they'll be accompanying us to the hospital. This week is going to go by so slowly I know. We're so excited to see the baby again. Hopefully BW will look more like a tiny human than a duck.

That's all for now.

No comments: