Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Very active Baby Welch

Well, BW is consistently doing little summersaults in my belly. Right now it's still rather amusing, but I am preparing myself for the eventual kicks, which I hear can be quite painful and disruptive. I'm especially looking forward to a time when Dan can feel the baby. I keep trying, but he says he can't feel anything. Still soft flutters...

I was reading one of my many baby books, and it says BW is a whopping 9 ounces and is the length of a small zuccini. I was also reading about something called round ligament pain. Gone is the slight cramping in my belly, and now simple pain has replaced it. Apparently around the mid-point of pregnancy, because different parts of your body are growing and changing, it can cause pain. It especially hurts if I move too quickly. It's amazing how much your body can change in about 2 weeks. I'm already becoming less mobile, though I continue to walk as much as possible. That's all I do. I made a silly attempt to run a bit the other day and the belly definitely got in the way. That will definitely have to wait. How do some women run marathons in their 7th month? They're nuts.

3 more days until we see BW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: