Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I survived my first Thanksgiving meal on my own today. Granted I only made a turkey breast, everything turned out really well. Wow, do I feel old. Some of Dan's friends came over, but we still have tons of left overs. I must say it doesn't feel like Turkey Day. I had to turn on the AC. It was 80 and with all the cooking, I was sweating. I lit a few pumpkin candles to put everyone in the Thanksgiving spirit. We watched a lot of football, everyone took naps, and watched some more football.

What are you thankful for this year? I'm thankful for all my wonderful friends and family, and if you're reading this, you're most likely in one of those categories. I'm especially thankful for our baby, who I hope is going to be a healthy one. I'm also thankful I'm not headed for my second tour to Iraq. If it wasn't for Aidan, I'd probably be on a plane in the very near future with the rest of my unit. They'll be gone well before the new year, so if you could keep them in your thoughts, that would be great. I wish them another successful, safe tour in Baghdad.

Just about 5 and a half weeks until Aidan comes! Or possibly earlier, which is what my gut is telling me. But we all know how that goes - I thought he was going to be a little Audrey! My belly seems enormous - I'm sure it's grown quite a bit just since our trip to St. Louis. I'm also swelling a lot more. My hands, my legs, my face, my EVERYTHING. Oh, and I officially have cankles. So lovely, I must tell you. I've tried drinking lots of water and elevating my feet, but it's not doing much for me at this point.

So I've totally decided to rethink the whole "no drugs" thing. Something was going on the other night, not sure if it was Braxton Hicks or not...but it was painful. So if that was false labor, no way on earth I'm making it through a million hours of REAL labor with no drugs. Just not happening. I think I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pen. Delightful image, is it not?

I really wonder how much this guy weighs? I'm thinking he's going to be a 10 pounder. He just "feel" so heavy, does that make sense? Watch him come out weighing just 6 or 7 pounds. I'd be thoroughly embarrased by all my moaning and complaining about what a fatty Aidan is.

You know what's crazy, even though I'm so big and I feel him move every day, sometimes it doesn't feel real. It's incredibly difficult to image a little baby living with us. A baby we made. It's just so strange and nearly impossible to fathom. Aidan really is almost here. Amazing.

No comments: