Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bit of a scare

Yesterday I was in the motorpool in a formation that lasted 50 minutes. (Where you can't move at all.) It was warm, and I started getting dizzy. Finally it was over, and I was walking towards one of the offices. I bent over to pick something up and fell on my stomach. I wasn't hurt, but I was immediately worried about the baby of course. I went back to my office where I called my doctor. He said come in right away, so I called Dan and he took me up there. After a couple of hours, I got to see someone. She said that because it's before 20 weeks, the baby is still very much protected. It was a huge relief, because I had some major cramping in my lower stomach afterwards. But the doctor checked me over, listened to the baby's heartbeat (it was Dan's first time to hear it). It was scary, but I was lucky I'm not past 20 wks.

Anyway, while we were there, we were allowed to schedule our 2nd trimester ultrasound. On Aug. 11 we should know baby Welch's gender. Then it will be time for SHOPPING!!!!!!!!! Luckily I know many people around here with small children, so regardless of the sex, I should be getting plenty of good stuff.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am that the World Cup is over? Sure, I was rooting for France, but I'm just glad Dan can move on to something else to obsess over.

Over the weekend I went to an outlet mall near San Antonio with some friends. It was much too hot, and we spent most of the time eating and drinking. However, I think we all ended up finding what we were looking for, so it was a successful trip anyway. Dan went to a soccer match in Dallas while I was shopping. He checked their website the next day, and sure enough, there was a picture of him and his friend Cody in the stands. I'll post it when I get time to find it.

(HI EMILY-Thanks for reading!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh yay! I got a "shout out"! I'm glad everything is ok with the baby. That is scary.