Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July (belated)

Hope you all had a good 4th. Ours wasn't too eventful. Had some friends over to watch more football (aka soccer, if you're AMERICAN). Dan keeps yelling at me for calling it soccer. He suddenly thinks he's European...All the festivities for last night were cancelled because of rain, which was actually nice, because it NEVER rains here. We weren't planning on going anyway for the simple fact that we can't stand soldiers and their spouses, especially in huge numbers. (I know what you're thinking, but you are a soldier and he's a spouse, but we're totally not the 'typical' soldier and spouse).

Anyway, had a doctor appointment today. He said my bp isn't something he's worried about at this point, which is good news. He went over the ultrasound and all my test results, and he said everything looks great. Such a relief. We have another appointment at 17 weeks. I'm hoping they'll do another ultrasound so we can know if it's really going to be an Audrey, or if I've tramatized my son indefinitely. Only time will tell. :)

We're taking our last vacation before baby this fall. In September we're going on a Caribbean cruise, destinations including Grand Cayman Islands, Montego Bay (Jamaica) and Cozumel. I'm sooo looking forward to it. I'll be about 24 weeks, so hopefully I won't be too miserable at that point. We're going for the relaxation, nothing to active.

I made Dan go watch The Devil Wears Prada this weekend. Loved it. Dan really didn't like it, and he doesn't always mind chick flicks. He really doesn't get fashion or the female obsession with it. I liked it because I suppose that's how I imagined myself before I got married...a journalist trying to make it in NYC...Well, just goes to show you, ya never know where this life will take you.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Dan may be half dutch, but he doesn't live there. He really insists on calling it American Football because he keeps watching this soccer movie about hooligans. I'll never understand....