Friday, July 07, 2006

Old Wives Tales

Today at work I was searching the internet for silly gender prediction quizzes. The result was 58% chance of having a girl.

Someone at my work told me that a high heart rate means a girl, low means a boy. My baby's heart rate was 135 two days ago. They also say cravings for sweet things signal a baby girl. If you have horrible morning sickness (which really hasn't applied to me) then you're having a girl. Obviously I don't really believe any of this, but it's amusing the things people come up with.

Dan is having a soccer-filled weekend. Tomorrow he's heading to Dallas to watch an MLS game, while I hit the outlet malls in San Marcos with some girls from work. I'm finally getting this Coach purse I've been wanting for months. Dan says it's my present for having to stay in this stupid town for nearly two more years.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Nikki! Gretchen just sent me your blog. I'll be adding it to my bloglines to keep up with everything. Congratulations on the pregnancy. I'm so happy for you. Don't believe the heartbeat thing... that's the way they determined I was going to be a boy back in '78. My name was going to be Drew. But, surprise... I'm Emily instead.