Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Aidan's first trip to the ER

So Aidan has been sick for a while. This weekend his cough got so bad he was having a difficult time breathing. So I took him to the ER at 5 a.m. After 3 breathing treatments, a chest x-ray and several hours of monitoring, he was released. They think he *might* have pneumonia. Thet gave him an inhaler, prednisone and amoxicillin. Poor baby - he hates all 3. Sometimes he pukes when he gets the medicine. Not so fun. They said they saw a spot on his chest x-ray, but it was too small to tell if it was pneumonia or not, so we go back to the pediatrician on Monday.

And - he's been sleeping terribly this week. I'm so exhausted I can't even think straight most of the time. Oh - and to top it off, I think I might have pink eye. I need to go to the doctor, but I don't have time.

Anyway, I can see you! Ok, no really, but I have tracking software in my blog that tells me how often my blog is looked at, which is pretty interesting. It makes me post more, since I know people are actually looking at it. You guys are all lazy and don't leave comments, so I never know if anybody really reads this mumbo jumbo.

Dan has landed at his final destination. For security reasons, I was told not to put his location on this blog. Certain people have been known to find out details about Soldiers' lives and put their families at risk. Sooo, let's not specify. OK? Ok great. Thanks. He said it's beautiful and that he doesn't think it will be too bad of a mission. Better than many of the alternatives I suppose. I haven't had a chance to talk to him much, he doesn't have enough phone card time. Hopefully he'll get some more soon so I can give you guys more details. One big bonus is I'm allowed to visit him. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no! Poor baby and poor mom! I hope you guys start to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Aidan!

Had email from Dan last night...that was a treat. Then saw this morning that Aidan is still sick...