Monday, February 19, 2007

Aidan's first day of daycare tomorrow

So I'm pretty nervous about someone besides me taking care of my baby all day. We went Friday to go through orientation and we saw his room, met his "teacher". Everyone seemed really nice, especially the infant lady. She said he's going to be spoiled, which is fine with me. I'd prefer that to the alternative.

Aidan hasn't been sleeping as well at night as he used to. It's been taking him a while to fall asleep, and then when he wakes, it again takes him forever to go to sleep. I have to rock him, pat his bottom etc. Yesterday was a really rough day. I couldn't get him to take any naps. He would fall asleep for 20 minutes and then he'd be wide awake. It was really hard, and then by 9 he was exhausted, but still wouldn't fall asleep. So I wrapped him in his swaddle and put him in the bassinette. I kept checking on him every few minutes. He was awake but never cried or made any noises, he was just laying there. Finally about 9:30 he had put himself to sleep. It was so exciting for me after such a long, tiring day.

No comments: