Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Good times...

So for those of you who don't already know, the lovely Army denied my leave and I had to return to Texas. My mom and I drove back from MO and she flew back. Definitely would have been rough by myself.

I had to go to work today, but because of the short notice about returning to work, have no daycare set up. The CDCs on post have a backed up waiting list, or so they told me, so Aidan came to work with me today. We lasted an hour and a half, then just went home. I expect tomorrow will be much of the same. Aidan didn't really like being at my work, he cried the entire time. I don't blame him. Somebody I work with is going to try to talk to the person in charge of Child and Youth Services to see if she can get us a spot earlier than April.

Aidan and I made our first trip grocery shopping by ourselves. That was interesting...I put him in his baby carrier (the kind that holds the baby facing you on your chest/stomach). He liked it for the most part. He was looking all around excitedly. (Didn't want to put him in his carseat because he doesn't like to be in it when he's awake, maybe it's the straps or something.) Towards the end of the tip, he did start to get fussy, then he just fell asleep, which I didn't expect at all.

I think he's going through a growth spurt because he is eating constantly, which makes things crazy for me. The same thing happened when he was 3 weeks old. It was great when it was over.

It's not so bad being back here with Aidan. Once we get into a rhythm, I'm sure we'll be fine. I just have to figure out the easiest ways to do things by trial and error. It'll be so sad to take him to daycare, but that's definitely the only way I'm ever going to get anything done.

I apologize to those of you I need to call or email (especially Michelle, Heleena, Belinda. There just aren't enough hours in the day lately. At least if I post on my blog, you guys know what's going on with us. I'll try to post some more photos from our Missouri trip, but I'm just too exhausted tonight - and it's only 9:30.....Off to bed...

No comments: