Monday, June 19, 2006

HELLO BABY WELCH!!!!!!!!!!


Dan and I just got back from our first ultrasound. It was amazing! Dan got to see the baby first, because the screen was pointed in his direction. Finally I got to see it (her) and I could see it's tiny heart beating. I never imagined I could be that happy. It seemed real before, but after finally seeing the baby, it's more real than ever. There really is a tiny person inside of me. The lady laughed at how excited we were. Here's the first photo of baby Welch! In case you can't tell, the head is on the right, and the feet are on the left. It was more obvious during the ultrasound. We could see the baby's hands moving all around. I think it was waving at daddy. LOL.

The doctor said everything is going well, unfortunately it's a military doctor, but whatever. I'll have to get over it I suppose. The only issue right now is my elevated blood pressure. It's been high at both of my appointments since I've been pregnant. Usually I have excellent bp, so the doctor is going to monitor it for the next five days. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That's sweet. I think the baby kind of looks like a duck in the photo.