Monday, May 01, 2006

No power, lucky us

Well this past Friday was very interesting. Dan came home to a powerless apartment. He immediately called me on my cell phone asking if I had paid the utility bill. Yes, of course I said. (It was an outrageous $160 for our tiny 800-square foot apartment.) I got home about 20 minutes later and promptly called lovely TXU and reported our outage to an automated system. Yippy, no live human to speak with. About 30 minutes later a representative called us and said it must have been our apartment company, so Dan goes to talk to the maintenance guy. He comes out here and says, "Oh, you must not have paid your bill." What? Of course we paid our bill moron. So we call up TXU AGAIN, get transfered at least 7 times, and to agents who didn't speak English. It was fabulous. Needless to say, we eventually did get it turned back on several hours later. Yay for power. I felt like I was in Iraq again.

In other news, for those of you who don't know, I'm looking to get out of the Army. Our unit is deploying again in the very near future, and I hope to not accompany them on their voyage to the land of the sand. I'm currently applying for jobs between St. Louis and New York, so at least we'll be a bit closer to our families. Wish me luck.

No comments: