Friday, May 26, 2006

One good thing about being in the military.......

We get a lot of holidays! This is a 4-day weekend for us, which I could definitely use. I suspect that just as many holidays have, Memorial Day has become just another day to get off work and drink too much for many people. I hope that everyone can stop and take a moment to remember why we have that holiday. At Fort Hood alone, we have lost more than 300 Soldiers. That's all I'll say about that...

I'm actually feeling not so great today. I've had my first actual bout with nausea today, which is suprising, because I'm almost 9 weeks. I'm just eating saltine crackers and drinking 7 UP. Yum. It's not that bad I guess, but I definitely don't feel like doing anything productive. Instead, I'm killing braincells by watching TV.

Actually, I'm watching all the baby shows they have on both TLC and the Discovery Channel. It's quite fascinating how everyone's pregnancies are so different. There was one woman who went her entire pregnancy thinking she was going to have twin boys. She and her husband decorated the room for boys, bought all sorts of baby boy gear and accessories, only to give birth to two baby girls. They had to return everything and redecorate the nursery. I thought it was pretty funny.

Apparently during the ultrasound, the umbilical cord looked like male genitalia. SUPRISE! They were shocked.

I really can't wait to find out what we're having. Our lease is up in October, so we're definitely going to move from our small apartment. We're going to rent a house, and I can't wait to decorate the nursery. Once I hit 28 weeks, my work days get decreased dramatically, which is excellent. I'll have plenty of time to prepare for baby Welch.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Dan told me that he was 11 lbs 10 oz. That was a frightening thought. He was still really large though.